1. By those (angels) who pull out (the souls of the disbelievers
and the wicked) with great violence;
those (angels) who gently take out (the souls of the believers);
3. And by those that swim along (i.e. angels or planets in their
4. And by those that press
forward as in a race (i.e. the angels or stars or the horses, etc.).
5. And by those angels who arrange to do the Commands of their
Lord, (so verily, you disbelievers will be called to account).
6. On the Day (when the first blowing of the Trumpet is blown),
the earth and the mountains will shake violently (and everybody will
7. The second blowing of the Trumpet
follows it (and everybody will be raised up),
8. (Some) hearts that Day will shake with fear and anxiety.
9. Their eyes cast down.
say: "Shall we indeed be returned to (our) former state of life?
11. "Even after we are crumbled bones?"
12. They say: "It would in that case, be a return with loss!"
13. But only, it will be a single Zajrah [shout (i.e., the
second blowing of the Trumpet)]. (See Verse 37:19).
14. When, behold, they find themselves over the earth alive after
15. Has there come to you
the story of Musa (Moses)?
16. When his
Lord called him in the sacred valley of Tuwa,
17. Go to Fir'aun (Pharaoh), verily, he has transgressed all
bounds (in crimes, sins, polytheism, disbelief, etc.).
18. And say to him: "Would you purify yourself (from the sin of
disbelief by becoming a believer)",
And that I guide you to your Lord, so you should fear Him?
20. Then [Musa (Moses)] showed him the great sign (miracles).
21. But [Fir'aun (Pharaoh)] belied and disobeyed;
22. Then he turned his back, striving hard (against Allah).
23. Then he gathered his people and cried aloud,
24. Saying: "I am your lord, most high",
25. So Allah, seized him with punishment for his last [i.e. his
saying: "I am your lord, most high") (see Verse 79:24)] and first
[(i.e. his saying, "O chiefs! I know not that you have a god other
than I" (see Verse 28:38)] transgression.
Verily, in this is an instructive admonition for whosoever fears
27. Are you more difficult to
create, or is the heaven that He constructed?
28. He raised its height, and He has equally ordered it,
29. Its night He covers with darkness, and its forenoon He brings
out (with light).
30. And after that He
spread the earth;
31. And brought forth
therefrom its water and its pasture;
And the mountains He has fixed firmly;
(To be) a provision and benefit for you and your cattle.
34. But when there comes the greatest catastrophe (i.e. the Day
of Recompense, etc.),
35. The Day when
man shall remember what he strove for,
And Hell-fire shall be made apparent in full view for (every) one who
37. Then, for him who Tagha
(transgressed all bounds, in disbelief, oppression and evil deeds of
disobedience to Allah).
38. And preferred
the life of this world (by following his evil desires and lusts),
39. Verily, his abode will be Hell-fire;
40. But as for him who feared standing before his Lord, and
restrained himself from impure evil desires, and lusts.
41. Verily, Paradise will be his abode.
42. They ask you (O Muhammad ())
about the Hour, - when will be its appointed time?
43. You have no knowledge to say anything about it,
44. To your Lord belongs (the knowledge of) the term thereof?
45. You (O Muhammad ())
are only a warner for those who fear it,
The Day they see it, (it will be) as if they had not tarried (in this
world) except an afternoon or a morning.