1. And by the sun and its brightness;
And by the moon as it follows it (the sun);
And by the day as it shows up (the sun's) brightness;
4. And by the night as it conceals it (the sun);
5. And by the heaven and Him Who built it;
6. And by the earth and Him Who spread it,
7. And by Nafs (Adam or a person or a soul, etc.), and Him
Who perfected him in proportion;
He showed him what is wrong for him and what is right for him;
9. Indeed he succeeds who purifies his ownself (i.e. obeys and
performs all that Allah ordered, by following the true Faith of
Islamic Monotheism and by doing righteous good deeds).
10. And indeed he fails who corrupts his ownself (i.e. disobeys
what Allah has ordered by rejecting the true Faith of Islamic
Monotheism or by following polytheism, etc. or by doing every kind of
evil wicked deeds).
(people) denied (their Prophet) through their transgression (by
rejecting the true Faith of Islamic Monotheism, and by following
polytheism, and by committing every kind of sin).
12. When the most wicked man among them went forth (to kill the
13. But the Messenger of
Allah [Salih (Saleh)] said to them: "Be cautious! Fear the evil end.
That is the she-camel of Allah! (Do not harm it) and bar it not from
having its drink!"
14. Then they denied
him and they killed it. So their Lord destroyed them because of their
sin, and made them equal in destruction (i.e. all grades of people,
rich and poor, strong and weak, etc.)!
And He (Allah) feared not the consequences thereof.