1. Say (O Muhammad ):
"It has been revealed to me that a group (from three to ten in
number) of jinns listened (to this Qur'an). They said: 'Verily! We
have heard a wonderful Recital (this Qur'an)!
2. 'It guides to the Right Path, and we have believed therein,
and we shall never join (in worship) anything with our Lord (Allah).
3. 'And exalted be the Majesty of our Lord, He has taken neither
a wife, nor a son (or offspring or children).
4. 'And that the foolish among us [i.e. Iblis (Satan) or
the polytheists amongst the jinns] used to utter against Allah that
which was wrong and not right.
verily, we thought that men and jinns would not utter a lie against
6. 'And verily, there were men
among mankind who took shelter with the masculine among the jinns,
but they (jinns) increased them (mankind) in sin and disbelief.
7. 'And they thought as you thought, that Allah will not send any
Messenger (to mankind or jinns).
we have sought to reach the heaven; but found it filled with stern
guards and flaming fires.
9. 'And verily,
we used to sit there in stations, to (steal) a hearing, but any who
listens now will find a flaming fire watching him in ambush.
10. 'And we know not whether evil is intended for those on earth,
or whether their Lord intends for them a Right Path.
11. 'There are among us some that are righteous, and some the
contrary; we are groups each having a different way (religious sect,
12. 'And we think that we cannot
escape (from the punishment of) Allah in the earth, nor can we escape
(from the punishment) by flight.
indeed when we heard the Guidance (this Qur'an), we believed therein
(Islamic Monotheism), and whosoever believes in his Lord shall have
no fear, either of a decrease in the reward of his good deeds or an
increase in punishment for his sins.
'And of us some are Muslims (who have submitted to Allah, after
listening to this Qur'an), and of us some are Al-Qasitun
(disbelievers those who have deviated from the Right Path)'. And
whosoever has embraced Islam (i.e. has become a Muslim by submitting
to Allah), then such have sought the Right Path."
15. And as for the Qasitun (disbelievers who deviated from
the Right Path), they shall be firewood for Hell,
16. If they (non-Muslims) had believed in Allah, and went on the
Right Way (i.e. Islam) We should surely have bestowed on them water
(rain) in abundance.
17. That We might
try them thereby. And whosoever turns away from the Reminder of his
Lord (i.e. this Qur'an, and practice not its laws and orders), He
will cause him to enter in a severe torment (i.e. Hell).
18. And the mosques are for Allah (Alone), so invoke not anyone
along with Allah.
19. (It has been
revealed to me that) When the slave of Allah (Muhammad )
stood up invoking (his Lord Allah) in prayer to Him they (the jinns)
just made round him a dense crowd as if sticking one over the other
(in order to listen to the Prophet's recitation).
20. Say (O Muhammad ):
"I invoke only my Lord (Allah Alone), and I associate none as
partners along with Him."
21. Say: "It is
not in my power to cause you harm, or to bring you to the Right
22. Say (O Muhammad ):
"None can protect me from Allah's punishment (if I were to disobey
Him), nor should I find refuge except in Him.
23. "(Mine is) but conveyance (of the truth) from Allah and His
Messages (of Islamic Monotheism), and whosoever disobeys Allah and
His Messenger, then verily, for him is the Fire of Hell, he shall
dwell therein forever ."
24. Till, when
they see that which they are promised, then they will know who it is
that is weaker concerning helpers and less important concerning
25. Say (O Muhammad ):
"I know not whether (the punishment) which you are promised is near
or whether my Lord will appoint for it a distant term.
26. "(He Alone) the All-Knower of the Gha'ib (unseen), and
He reveals to none His Gha'ib (unseen)."
27. Except to a Messenger (from mankind) whom He has chosen (He
informs him of unseen as much as He likes), and then He makes a band
of watching guards (angels) to march before him and behind him.
28. [He (Allah) protects them (the Messengers)], till He sees
that they (the Messengers) have conveyed the Messages of their Lord
(Allah). And He (Allah) surrounds all that which is with them, and He
(Allah) keeps count of all things (i.e. He knows the exact number of