1. By the heaven, holding the big stars .
2. And by the Promised Day (i.e. the Day of Resurrection);
3. And by the witnessing day (i.e. Friday), and by the witnessed
day [i.e. the day of 'Arafat (Hajj) the ninth of Dhul-Hijjah];
4. Cursed were the people of the ditch (the story of the Boy and
5. Fire supplied (abundantly)
6. When they sat by it (fire),
7. And they witnessed what they were doing against the believers
(i.e. burning them).
8. They had nothing
against them, except that they believed in Allah, the All-Mighty,
Worthy of all Praise!
9. Who, to Whom
belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth! And Allah is
Witness over everything.
those who put into trial the believing men and believing women (by
torturing them and burning them), and then do not turn in repentance,
(to Allah), will have the torment of Hell, and they will have the
punishment of the burning Fire.
Verily, those who believe and do righteous good deeds, for them will
be Gardens under which rivers flow (Paradise). That is the great
12. Verily, (O Muhammad ())
the Grip (Punishment) of your Lord is severe.
13. Verily, He it is Who begins (punishment) and repeats
(punishment in the Hereafter) (or originates the creation of
everything, and then repeats it on the Day of Resurrection).
14. And He is Oft-Forgiving, full of love (towards the pious who
are real true believers of Islamic Monotheism),
15. Owner of the throne, the Glorious
He does what He intends (or wills).
Has the story reached you of the hosts,
Of Fir'aun (Pharaoh) and Thamud?
The disbelievers (persisted) in denying (Prophet Muhammad ()
and his Message of Islamic Monotheism).
And Allah encompasses them from behind! (i.e. all their deeds are
within His Knowledge, and He will requite them for their deeds).
21. Nay! This is a Glorious Qur'an,
(Inscribed) in Al-Lauh Al-Mahfuz (The Preserved Tablet)!