1. By the heaven, and At-Tariq (the night-comer, i.e. the
2. And what will make you to
know what At-Tariq (night-comer) is?
(It is) the star of piercing brightness;
There is no human being but has a protector over him (or her) (i.e.
angels incharge of each human being guarding him, writing his good
and bad deeds, etc.)
5. So let man see
from what he is created!
6. He is created
from a water gushing forth
from between the back-bone and the ribs,
Verily, (Allah) is Able to bring him back (to life)!
9. The Day when all the secrets (deeds, prayers, fasting, etc.)
will be examined (as to their truth).
Then will (man) have no power, nor any helper.
11. By the sky (having rain clouds) which gives rain, again and
12. And the earth which splits
(with the growth of trees and plants),
Verily! This (the Qur'an) is the Word that separates (the truth from
falsehood, and commands strict legal laws for mankind to cut the
roots of evil).
14. And it is not a thing
15. Verily, they are but
plotting a plot (against you O Muhammad ()).
16. And I (too) am planning a plan.
So give a respite to the disbelievers. Deal you gently with them for