1. Has there come to you the narration of the overwhelming (i.e.
the Day of Resurrection);
2. Some faces,
that Day, will be humiliated (in the Hell-fire, i.e. the faces of all
disbelievers, Jews and Christians, etc.).
Labouring (hard in the worldly life by worshipping others besides
Allah), weary (in the Hereafter with humility and disgrace) .
4. They will enter in the hot blazing Fire,
5. They will be given to drink from a boiling spring,
6. No food will there be for them but a poisonous thorny plant,
7. Which will neither nourish nor avail against hunger.
8. (Other) faces, that Day, will be joyful,
9. Glad with their endeavour (for their good deeds which they did
in this world, along with the true Faith of Islamic Monotheism).
10. In a lofty Paradise.
they shall neither hear harmful speech nor falsehood,
12. Therein will be a running spring,
Therein will be thrones raised high,
And cups set at hand.
15. And cushions
set in rows,
16. And rich carpets (all)
17. Do they not look at the
camels, how they are created?
18. And at
the heaven, how it is raised?
19. And at
the mountains, how they are rooted and fixed firm?
20. And at the earth, how it is spread out?
21. So remind them (O Muhammad ()),
you are only a one who reminds.
are not a dictator over them.
the one who turns away and disbelieves
Then Allah will punish him with the greatest punishment.
25. Verily, to Us will be their return;
Then verily, for Us will be their reckoning.