1. By the night as it envelops;
by the day as it appears in brightness;
And by Him Who created male and female;
Certainly, your efforts and deeds are diverse (different in aims and
5. As for him who gives (in
charity) and keeps his duty to Allah and fears Him,
6. And believes in Al-Husna.
We will make smooth for him the path of ease (goodness).
8. But he who is greedy miser and thinks himself self-sufficient.
9. And gives the lie to Al-Husna (see Verse No: 6
10. We will make smooth for
him the path for evil;
11. And what will
his wealth benefit him when he goes down (in destruction).
12. Truly! Ours it is (to give) guidance,
13. And truly, unto Us (belong) the last (Hereafter) and the
first (this world).
14. Therefore I have
warned you of a Fire blazing fiercely (Hell);
15. None shall enter it save the most wretched,
16. Who denies and turns away.
And Al-Muttaqun (the pious and righteous - see V.2:2) will be
far removed from it (Hell).
18. He who
spends his wealth for increase in self-purification,
19. And have in his mind no favour from anyone for which a reward
is expected in return,
20. Except only
the desire to seek the Countenance of his Lord, the Most High;
21. He surely will be pleased (when he will enter Paradise).