1. Read! In the Name of your Lord, Who has created (all that
2. Has created man from a clot (a
piece of thick coagulated blood).
And your Lord is the Most Generous,
has taught (the writing) by the pen [the first person to write was
Prophet Idrees (Enoch)],
5. Has taught man
that which he knew not.
6. Nay! Verily,
man does transgress all bounds (in disbelief and evil deed, etc.).
7. Because he considers himself self-sufficient.
8. Surely! Unto your Lord is the return.
9. Have you (O Muhammad ())
seen him (i.e. Abu Jahl) who prevents,
A slave (Muhammad ())
when he prays?
11. Tell me, if he
(Muhammad ()) is on the
guidance (of Allah)?
12. Or enjoins
13. Tell me if he (the
disbeliever, Abu Jahl) denies (the truth, i.e. this Qur'an), and
14. Knows he not that Allah
does see (what he does)?
15. Nay! If he
(Abu Jahl) ceases not, We will catch him by the forelock,
16. A lying, sinful forelock!
Then, let him call upon his council (of helpers),
18. We will call the guards of Hell (to deal with him)!
19. Nay! (O Muhammad ())!
Do not obey him (Abu Jahl). Fall prostrate and draw near to Allah!