[These letters are one of the miracles of
the Qur'an and none but Allah (Alone) knows their meanings].
2. By the manifest Book (this Qur'an) that makes things clear,
3. We sent it (this Qur'an) down on a blessed night [(i.e. night
of Qadr, Surah No: 97) in the month of Ramadan,, the 9th month
of the Islamic calendar]. Verily, We are ever warning [mankind that
Our Torment will reach those who disbelieve in Our Oneness of
Lordship and in Our Oneness of worship].
Therein (that night) is decreed every matter of ordainments .
5. Amran (i.e. a Command or this Qur'an or the Decree of
every matter) from Us. Verily, We are ever sending (the Messengers),
6. (As) a Mercy from your Lord. Verily! He is the All-Hearer, the
7. The Lord of the heavens and
the earth and all that is between them, if you (but) have a faith
8. La ilaha illa Huwa
(none has the right to be worshipped but He). It is He Who gives life
and causes death, your Lord and the Lord of your fore-fathers.
9. Nay! They play in doubt.
wait you for the Day when the sky will bring forth a visible smoke.
11. Covering the people, this is a painful torment.
12. (They will say): "Our Lord! Remove the torment from us,
really we shall become believers!"
How can there be for them an admonition (at the time when the torment
has reached them), when a Messenger explaining things clearly has
already come to them.
14. Then they had
turned away from him (Messenger Muhammad )
and said: "One (Muhammad )
taught (by a human being), a madman!"
Verily, We shall remove the torment for a while. Verily! You will
16. On the Day when We shall
seize you with the greatest grasp. Verily, We will exact retribution.
17. And indeed We tried before them Fir'aun's (Pharaoh) people,
when there came to them a noble Messenger [i.e. Musa (Moses)],
18. Saying: "Restore to me the slaves of Allah (i.e. the Children
of Israel). Verily! I am to you a Messenger worthy of all trust,
19. "And exalt not (yourselves) against Allah. Truly, I have come
to you with a manifest authority.
"And truly, I seek refuge in my Lord and your Lord, lest you stone me
(or call me a sorcerer or kill me).
"But if you believe me not, then keep away from me and leave me
22. (But they were aggressive),
so he [Musa (Moses)] called upon his Lord (saying): "These are indeed
the people who are Mujrimun (disbelievers, polytheists,
sinners, criminals, etc.)."
said): "Depart you with My slaves by night. Surely, you will be
24. "And leave the sea as it is
(quiet and divided). Verily, They are a host to be drowned."
25. How many of gardens and springs do they [Fir'aun's (Pharaoh)
26. And green crops (fields
etc.) and goodly places,
27. And comforts
of life wherein they used to take delight!
28. Thus (it was)! And We made other people inherit them (i.e. We
made the Children of Israel to inherit the kingdom of Egypt).
29. And the heavens and the earth wept not for them , nor were
they given a respite.
30. And indeed We
saved the Children of Israel from the humiliating torment,
31. From Fir'aun (Pharaoh); Verily! He was arrogant and was of
the Musrifun (those who transgress beyond bound in spending
and other things and commit great sins).
And We chose them (the Children of Israel) above the 'Alamin
(mankind, and jinns) [during the time of Musa (Moses)] with
33. And granted them signs in
which there was a plain trial.
Verily, these (Quraish) people are saying:
35. "There is nothing but our first death, and we shall not be
36. "Then bring back our
fore-fathers, if you speak the truth!"
Are they better or the people of Tubba' and those before them? We
destroyed them because they were indeed Mujrimun
(disbelievers, polytheists, sinners, criminals, etc.).
38. And We created not the heavens and the earth, and all that is
between them, for mere play,
created them not except with truth (i.e. to examine and test those
who are obedient and those who are disobedient and then reward the
obedient ones and punish the disobedient ones), but most of them know
40. Verily, the Day of Judgement
(when Allah will judge between the creatures) is the time appointed
for all of them,
41. The Day when
Maulan (a near relative) cannot avail Maulan (a near
relative) in aught, and no help can they receive,
42. Except him on whom Allah has Mercy. Verily, He is the
All-Mighty, the Most Merciful.
Verily, the tree of Zaqqum,
Will be the food of the sinners,
boiling oil, it will boil in the bellies,
Like the boiling of scalding water.
(It will be said) "Seize him and drag him into the midst of blazing
48. "Then pour over his head the
torment of boiling water,
49. "Taste you
(this)! Verily, you were (pretending to be) the mighty, the generous!
50. "Verily! This is that whereof you used to doubt!"
51. Verily! The Muttaqun (pious - see V.2:2), will be in
place of Security (Paradise).
Gardens and Springs;
53. Dressed in fine
silk and (also) in thick silk, facing each other,
54. So (it will be), and We shall marry them to Houris
(female fair ones) with wide, lovely eyes.
55. They will call therein for every kind of fruit in peace and
56. They will never taste death
therein except the first death (of this world), and He will save them
from the torment of the blazing Fire,
As a Bounty from your Lord! That will be the supreme success!
58. Certainly, We have made this (Qur'an) easy in your tongue, in
order that they may remember.
59. Wait then
(O Muhammad ); Verily,
they (too) are waiting.