1. By the Mount;
2. And by the Book
3. In parchment unrolled.
4. And by the Bait-ul-Ma'mur (the house over the heavens
parable to the Ka'bah at Makkah, continuously visited by the
5. And by the roof raised high
(i.e. the heaven).
6. And by the sea kept
filled (or it will be fire kindled on the Day of Resurrection).
7. Verily, the Torment of your Lord will surely come to pass,
8. There is none that can avert it;
On the Day when the heaven will shake with a dreadful shaking,
10. And the mountains will move away with a (horrible) movement.
11. Then woe that Day to the beliers;
Who are playing in falsehood .
Day when they will be pushed down by force to the Fire of Hell, with
a horrible, forceful pushing.
14. This is
the Fire which you used to belie.
this magic, or do you not see?
you therein its heat, and whether you are patient of it or impatient
of it, it is all the same. You are only being requited for what you
used to do.
17. Verily, the Muttaqun
(pious - see V.2:2) will be in Gardens (Paradise), and Delight.
18. Enjoying in that which their Lord has bestowed on them, and
(the fact that) their Lord saved them from the torment of the blazing
19. "Eat and drink with happiness
because of what you used to do."
will recline (with ease) on thrones arranged in ranks. And We shall
marry them to Houris (female, fair ones) with wide lovely
21. And those who believe and whose
offspring follow them in Faith, to them shall We join their
offspring, and We shall not decrease the reward of their deeds in
anything. Every person is a pledge for that which he has earned.
22. And We shall provide them with fruit and meat, such as they
23. There they shall pass from
hand to hand a (wine) cup, free from any Laghw (dirty, false,
evil vague talk between them), and free from sin (because it will be
legal for them to drink).
24. And there
will go round boy-servants of theirs, to serve them as if they were
25. And some of them
draw near to others, questioning.
Saying: "Aforetime, we were afraid with our families (from the
punishment of Allah).
27. "But Allah has
been gracious to us, and has saved us from the torment of the Fire.
28. "Verily, We used to invoke Him (Alone and none else) before.
Verily, He is Al-Barr (the Most Subtle, Kind, Courteous, and
Generous), the Most Merciful."
Therefore, remind and preach (mankind, O Muhammad
of Islamic Monotheism). By the Grace of Allah, you are neither a
soothsayer, nor a madman.
30. Or do they
say: "(Muhammad is) a
poet! We await for him some calamity by time.!"
31. Say (O Muhammad
to them): "Wait! I am with you, among the waiters!"
32. Do their minds command them this [i.e. to tell a lie against
you (Muhammad )] or are
they people exceeding the bounds (i.e. from Belief in Allah to
33. Or do they say: "He
(Muhammad ) has forged it
(this Qur'an)?" Nay! They believe not!
Let them then produce a recital like unto it (the Qur'an) if they are
35. Were they created by
nothing, or were they themselves the creators?
36. Or did they create the heavens and the earth? Nay, but they
have no firm Belief.
37. Or are with them
the treasures of your Lord? Or are they the tyrants with the
authority to do as they like?
38. Or have
they a stairway (to heaven), by means of which they listen (to the
talks of the angels)? Then let their listener produce some manifest
39. Or has He (Allah) only
daughters and you have sons?
40. Or is it
that you (O Muhammad )
ask a wage from them (for your preaching of Islamic Monotheism) so
that they are burdened with a load of debt?
41. Or that the Ghaib (unseen) is with them, and they
write it down?
42. Or do they intend a
plot (against you O Muhammad )?
But those who disbelieve (in the Oneness of Allah Islamic Monotheism)
are themselves in a plot!
43. Or have
they an ilah (a god) other than Allah? Glorified be Allah from
all that they ascribe as partners (to Him)
44. And if they were to see a piece of the heaven falling down,
they would say: "Clouds gathered in heaps!"
45. So leave them alone till they meet their Day, in which they
will sink into a fainting (with horror).
The Day when their plotting shall not avail them at all nor will they
be helped (i.e. they will receive their torment in Hell).
47. And verily, for those who do wrong, there is another
punishment (i.e. the torment in this world and in their graves)
before this, but most of them know not. [Tafsir At-Tabari,
Vol. 27, Page 36].
48. So wait patiently
(O Muhammad ) for the
Decision of your Lord, for verily, you are under Our Eyes , and
glorify the Praises of your Lord when you get up from sleep.
49. And in the night-time, also glorify His Praises, and at the
setting of the stars.