1. Blessed is He in Whose Hand is the dominion, and He is Able to
do all things.
2. Who has created death
and life, that He may test you which of you is best in deed. And He
is the All-Mighty, the Oft-Forgiving;
Who has created the seven heavens one above another, you can see no
fault in the creations of the Most Beneficent. Then look again: "Can
you see any rifts?"
4. Then look again and
yet again, your sight will return to you in a state of humiliation
and worn out.
5. And indeed We have
adorned the nearest heaven with lamps, and We have made such lamps
(as) missiles to drive away the Shayatin (devils), and have
prepared for them the torment of the blazing Fire.
6. And for those who disbelieve in their Lord (Allah) is the
torment of Hell, and worst indeed is that destination.
7. When they are cast therein, they will hear the (terrible)
drawing in of its breath as it blazes forth.
8. It almost bursts up with fury. Every time a group is cast
therein, its keeper will ask: "Did no warner come to you?"
9. They will say: "Yes indeed; a warner did come to us, but we
belied him and said: 'Allah never sent down anything (of revelation),
you are only in great error.'"
they will say: "Had we but listened or used our intelligence, we
would not have been among the dwellers of the blazing Fire!"
11. Then they will confess their sin. So, away with the dwellers
of the blazing Fire.
12. Verily! Those
who fear their Lord unseen (i.e. they do not see Him, nor His
Punishment in the Hereafter, etc.), theirs will be forgiveness and a
great reward (i.e. Paradise).
whether you keep your talk secret or disclose it, verily, He is the
All-Knower of what is in the breasts (of men).
14. Should not He Who has created know? And He is the Most Kind
and Courteous (to His slaves) All-Aware (of everything).
15. He it is, Who has made the earth subservient to you (i.e.
easy for you to walk, to live and to do agriculture on it, etc.), so
walk in the path thereof and eat of His provision, and to Him will be
16. Do you feel secure
that He, Who is over the heaven (Allah), will not cause the earth to
sink with you, then behold it shakes (as in an earthquake)?
17. Or do you feel secure that He, Who is over the heaven
(Allah), will not send against you a violent whirlwind? Then you
shall know how (terrible) has been My Warning?
18. And indeed those before them belied (the Messengers of
Allah), then how terrible was My denial (punishment)?
19. Do they not see the birds above them, spreading out their
wings and folding them in? None upholds them except the Most
Beneficent (Allah). Verily, He is the All-Seer of everything.
20. Who is he besides the Most Beneficent that can be an army to
you to help you? The disbelievers are in nothing but delusion.
21. Who is he that can provide for you if He should withhold His
provision? Nay, but they continue to be in pride, and (they) flee
(from the truth).
22. Is he who walks
without seeing on his face, more rightly guided, or he who (sees and)
walks on a Straight Way (i.e. Islamic Monotheism).
23. Say it is He Who has created you, and endowed you with
hearing (ears), seeing (eyes), and hearts. Little thanks you give.
24. Say: "It is He Who has created you from the earth, and to Him
shall you be gathered (in the Hereafter)."
25. They say: "When will this promise (i.e. the Day of
Resurrection) come to pass? if you are telling the truth."
26. Say (O Muhammad ):
"The knowledge (of its exact time) is with Allah only, and I am only
a plain warner."
27. But when they will
see it (the torment on the Day of Resurrection) approaching, the
faces of those who disbelieve will be different (black, sad, and in
grieve), and it will be said (to them): "This is (the promise) which
you were calling for!"
28. Say (O
Muhammad ): "Tell me! If
Allah destroys me, and those with me, or He bestows His Mercy on us,
- who can save the disbelievers from a painful torment?"
29. Say: "He is the Most Beneficent (Allah), in Him we believe,
and in Him we put our trust. So you will come to know who is it that
is in manifest error."
30. Say (O Muhammad ):
"Tell me! If (all) your water were to be sunk away, who then can
supply you with flowing (spring) water?"