1. The Reality (i.e. the Day of Resurrection)!
2. What is the Reality?
3. And what
will make you know what the Reality is?
Thamud and 'Ad people denied the Qari'ah [the striking Hour
5. As for Thamud, they
were destroyed by the awful cry!
6. And as
for 'Ad, they were destroyed by a furious violent wind;
7. Which Allah imposed on them for seven nights and eight days in
succession, so that you could see men lying overthrown (destroyed),
as if they were hollow trunks of date-palms!
8. Do you see any remnants of them?
And Fir'aun (Pharaoh), and those before him, and the cities
overthrown [the towns of the people of [Lout (Lot)] committed sin,
10. And they disobeyed their Lord's Messenger, so He punished
them with a strong punishment.
Verily! When the water rose beyond its limits [Nuh's (Noah) Flood],
We carried you (mankind) in the floating [ship that was constructed
by Nuh (Noah)].
12. That We might make it
a remembrance for you, and the keen ear (person) may (hear and)
13. Then when the Trumpet
will be blown with one blowing (the first one),
14. And the earth and the mountains shall be removed from their
places, and crushed with a single crushing,
15. Then on that Day shall the (Great) Event befall,
16. And the heaven will split asunder, for that Day it (the
heaven will be frail (weak), and torn up,
And the angels will be on its sides, and eight angels will, that Day,
bear the Throne of your Lord above them.
That Day shall you be brought to Judgement, not a secret of you will
19. Then as for him who will
be given his Record in his right hand will say: "Take, read my
20. "Surely, I did believe that I
shall meet my Account!"
21. So he shall
be in a life, well-pleasing.
22. In a
23. The fruits in bunches
whereof will be low and near at hand.
Eat and drink at ease for that which you have sent on before you in
25. But as for him who will be
given his Record in his left hand, will say: "I wish that I had not
been given my Record!
26. "And that I had
never known, how my Account is?
wish, would that it had been my end (death)!
28. "My wealth has not availed me,
"My power and arguments (to defend myself) have gone from me!"
30. (It will be said): "Seize him and fetter him,
31. Then throw him in the blazing Fire.
32. "Then fasten him with a chain whereof the length is seventy
33. Verily, He used not to
believe in Allah, the Most Great,
urged not on the feeding of Al-Miskin (the poor),
35. So no friend has he here this Day,
36. Nor any food except filth from the washing of wounds,
37. None will eat except the Khati'un (sinners,
disbelievers, polytheists, etc.).
I swear by whatsoever you see,
39. And by
whatsoever you see not,
40. That this is
verily the word of an honoured Messenger [i.e. Jibrael (Gabriel) or
Muhammad which he has
brought from Allah].
41. It is not the
word of a poet, little is that you believe!
42. Nor is it the word of a soothsayer (or a foreteller), little
is that you remember!
43. This is the
Revelation sent down from the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind,
jinns and all that exists).
44. And if he
(Muhammad ) had forged a
false saying concerning Us (Allah),
We surely should have seized him by his right hand (or with power and
46. And then certainly should
have cut off his life artery (Aorta),
And none of you could withhold Us from (punishing) him.
48. And verily, this Qur'an is a Reminder for the Muttaqun
(pious - see V.2:2).
49. And verily, We
know that there are some among you that belie (this Qur'an). [Tafsir
At-Tabari, Vol. 29, Page 68]
indeed it (this Qur'an) will be an anguish for the disbelievers (on
the Day of Resurrection).
51. And Verily,
it (this Qur'an) is an absolute truth with certainty .
52. So glorify the Name of your Lord, the Most Great.