1. O you (Muhammad )
enveloped (in garments)!
2. Arise and
3. And your Lord (Allah) magnify!
4. And your garments purify!
keep away from Ar-Rujz (the idols)!
And give not a thing in order to have more (or consider not your
deeds of Allah's obedience as a favour to Allah).
7. And be patient for the sake of your Lord (i.e. perform your
duty to Allah)!
8. Then, when the Trumpet
is sounded (i.e. its second blowing);
Truly, that Day will be a Hard Day.
Far from easy for the disbelievers.
Leave Me Alone (to deal) with whom I created Alone (without any
means, i.e. Al-Walid bin Al-Mughirah Al-Makhzumi)!
12. And then granted him resources in abundance.
13. And children to be by his side!
And made life smooth and comfortable for him!
15. After all that he desires that I should give more;
16. Nay! Verily, he has been stubborn and opposing Our Ayat
(proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.).
17. I shall oblige him to (climb a slippery mountain in the
Hell-fire called As-Sa'ud, or to) face a severe torment!
18. Verily, he thought and plotted;
So let him be cursed! How he plotted!
And once more let him be cursed, how he plotted!
21. Then he thought;
22. Then he
frowned and he looked in a bad tempered way;
23. Then he turned back and was proud;
24. Then he said: "This is nothing but magic from that of old;
25. "This is nothing but the word of a human being!"
26. I will cast him into Hell-fire
And what will make you know exactly what Hell-fire is?
28. It spares not (any sinner), nor does it leave (anything
29. Burning the skins!
30. Over it are nineteen (angels as guardians and keepers of
31. And We have set none but
angels as guardians of the Fire, and We have fixed their number (19)
only as a trial for the disbelievers, in order that the people of the
Scripture (Jews and Christians) may arrive at a certainty [that this
Qur'an is the truth as it agrees with their Books i.e. their number
(19) is written in the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)] and
the believers may increase in Faith (as this Qur'an is the truth) and
that no doubts may be left for the people of the Scripture and the
believers, and that those in whose hearts is a disease (of hypocrisy)
and the disbelievers may say: "What Allah intends by this (curious)
example ?" Thus Allah leads astray whom He wills and guides whom He
wills. And none can know the hosts of your Lord but He. And this
(Hell) is nothing else than a (warning) reminder to mankind.
32. Nay, and by the moon,
33. And by
the night when it withdraws,
34. And by
the dawn when it brightens,
it (Hell, or their denial of the Prophet Muhammad
, or the Day of Resurrection) is but one of the greatest calamities.
36. A warning to mankind,
37. To any
of you that chooses to go forward (by working righteous deeds), or to
remain behind (by commiting sins),
Every person is a pledge for what he has earned,
39. Except those on the Right, (i.e. the pious true believers of
40. In Gardens
(Paradise) they will ask one another,
About Al-Mujrimun (polytheists, criminals, disbelievers,
etc.), (And they will say to them):
"What has caused you to enter Hell?"
They will say: "We were not of those who used to offer their Salat
44. "Nor we used to feed
Al-Miskin (the poor);
45. "And we
used to talk falsehood (all that which Allah hated) with vain talkers
46. "And we used to belie the Day of
47. "Until there came to us
(the death) that is certain."
48. So no
intercession of intercessors will be of any use to them.
49. Then what is wrong with them (i.e. the disbelievers) that
they turn away from (receiving) admonition?
50. As if they were frightened (wild) donkeys.
51. Fleeing from a hunter, or a lion, or a beast of prey.
52. Nay, everyone of them desires that he should be given pages
spread out (coming from Allah with a writing that Islam is the right
religion, and Muhammad
has come with the truth from Allah the Lord of the heavens and earth,
53. Nay! But they fear not the
Hereafter (from Allah's punishment).
Nay, verily, this (Qur'an) is an admonition,
55. So whosoever will (let him read it), and receive admonition
56. And they will not receive
admonition unless Allah wills; He (Allah) is the One, deserving that
mankind should be afraid of, and should be dutiful to Him, and should
not take any Ilah (God) along with Him, and He is the One Who