1. I swear by this city (Makkah);
And you are free (from sin, to punish the enemies of Islam on the Day
of the conquest) in this city (Makkah),
And by the begetter (i.e. Adam) and that which he begot (i.e. his
4. Verily, We have created man
5. Thinks he that none can
6. He says (boastfully): "I
have wasted wealth in abundance!"
Thinks he that none sees him?
8. Have We
not made for him a pair of eyes?
9. And a
tongue and a pair of lips?
10. And shown
him the two ways (good and evil)?
he has made no effort to pass on the path that is steep.
12. And what will make you know the path that is steep?
13. (It is) Freeing a neck (slave, etc.)
14. Or giving food in a day of hunger (famine),
15. To an orphan near of kin.
to a Miskin (poor) afflicted with misery.
17. Then he became one of those who believed, and recommended one
another to perseverance and patience, and (also) recommended one
another to pity and compassion.
are those on the Right Hand (the dwellers of Paradise),
19. But those who disbelieved in Our Ayat (proofs,
evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.), they are those
on the Left Hand (the dwellers of Hell).
The Fire will be shut over them (i.e. they will be enveloped by the
Fire without any opening or window or outlet.